Thursday, July 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Granola

I honestly make this once a week. I absolutely love granola in yogurt, with milk and a strawberries, bananas, raspberries, or blueberries, as well as just to munch on. This recipe is so quick and easy to make. It is super tasty and so much less expensive then store bought granola. And as a bonus, it doubles as a food storage recipe! Try it, I know you will love it.

Mix and heat in a 4-cup class jug for 4 minutes on HIGH:
1-1/2 c white sugar
1-1/3 c margarine
1/2 t vanilla extract
2/3 c peanut butter
1/2 t salt
1 c water

While that is heating...
Mix:
12 c rolled oats
1 t cinnamon

Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix quickly and well. Put onto two greased LIGHT cookie sheets (the darker color burned for me so I just stick with my light colored ones). Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Stir granola and exchange cookie sheets in oven; cook for another 10 minutes. Turn the oven off and let granola dry for several hours.

Once the granola has dried out, I put it in a #10 can next to my cereal. As the week goes on, it will quickly disappear. Enjoy!

No comments: