Thursday, July 9, 2009

Homemade pancakes and syrup

Love, love, love, this! I will never go back to store bought syrup, ever!

Homemade syrup

1 c white sugar
1/2 c butter milk
1/2 c butter
1/2 tsp baking soda

cook until thick (rolling boil for about 1 minute)

take off heat and add:
1 tsp vanilla extract

Homemade Pancakes

Mix:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp salt

then add:
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs (if you use dry eggs, just add the dry egg mix to the dry ingredients and add the water in with the wet ingredients)
1/3 cup oil or melted butter (butter is better)

I like to add blueberries to this... yum!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Good idea- I would really like to have more recipes that us adults like and that the kids like also- it's a constant battle! Right now I have too many fav recipes I'll have to narrow it down and give you some. Thanks!

Kyle and Ashlie said...

I would love to post some of my favorites! For now I'll post one dinner that my family loves and all of my extended family too. It makes a lot so the left overs are great and it is always nice to have a nice meal for when people come over.
Cream Cheese Chicken
1 lb. of chicken (I prefer cut up but whole breasts or whatever are great too.)
1 pkg of italian seasoning dressing mix (found by the ranch packets)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 container of sourcream

Cook your chicken in the butter and seasoning and then once it is not pink anymore add everything else and cook for a couple hours on low.
Serve over rice or pasta. It is equally as good over either!!