Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chili Verde Chicken Tacos

My husband and I fell in LOVE with this recipe. He is already asking when I will make it again. Crockpot meals are just so perfect. You dump all the ingredients in and just let it cook. Every Sunday is crockpot day in my house. I dump it all in before I go to church and it is all ready when I walk in the door. I love that I can smell it cooking from my garage when I pull in. It's just perfect! I've posted 3 crockpot recipes in all today so make sure to check them out below.

Chilli Verde Chicken Tacos

4 T Oil
2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/2-1 cup salsa
14.5 oz Chicken Broth (make this from a Bouillon... it is so much cheaper!)

Dump it all in and cook for 4-6 hours or until chicken shreds.

Tortillas (definitely use raw ones that you have to cook)
Cheese
Sour Cream
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Green Onions
Cilantro

The other thing that is so good about this recipe... I freeze about half the left overs and the other half I use throughout the week to make chicken quesadillas. So handy and so yummy!

2 comments:

Mindy Dahmer said...

Amy! I am soooo excited about this blog. I have had zero desire to cook lately because I'm sick of all my recipes. After reading your blog, I already have two recipes on my list for meals this week, and I'm thrilled! Thanks so much for sharing! Also, I think I remember you saying that you loved Costco muffins. If so, here is a recipe for the Costco Chocolate Muffins. They are pretty darn good.:) Enjoy!

Big Bad Costco Chocolate Muffins


1 Devils food cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (I have also used plain)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (maybe my oven is just too hot, but 400 was burning mine so just keep an eye on them, next time I will probably do them either rat 350 or 375). Lightly grease muffin pan (this makes about 20 muffins) or use muffin liners. Set aside. In a mixing bowl combine cake mix and pudding mix. In a separate bowl combine yogurt, water, oil, and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake 20 -22 minutes or until center springs back. Cool on wire rack. These muffins will store for a couple of days, if you can avoid eating them that long.

Heather said...

do I cook this on low or high?