Sunday, July 12, 2009

Apricot Chicken

My husband's parents have an apricot tree in their yard so we are forever making apricot jam. I absolutely love it but we have a ton and I'm always on the look out of ways to use it! I was so excited when I came across this recipe. It's so quick and easy!

Apricot Chicken

1 package Lipton onion soup
1 bottle Russian dressing
1/2 jar apricot jam
4 - 6 chicken breasts

Throw all the ingredients into a crock pot and cook for 4 - 6 hours. Shred chicken and serve over rice. See I told you... so easy! You can also add veggies like onions, peppers, carrots, pineapple, etc. to make it more of a stir fry dish.

1 comment:

Mindy Dahmer said...

Hi Amy!

Here is another chicken recipe that I really like...and it's super easy. See what you think:

Mango Salsa Chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts (cubed)
1 onion (chopped)
1 Green Pepper (chopped)
1 – 2 T olive oil
½ bottle of Mango Salsa (Costco Size)
Shredded cheese

Chop onion and green pepper into large pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Sauté onions and peppers for 3-5 minutes (I like them still crunchy). Take out the onions and peppers, put in cubed chicken and cook until done. Add the peppers and onions back in, pour in salsa, stir and cook until heated through. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top, cover, and cook until cheese is melted. Serve over rice.

Variations: You can grill the chicken (we used Montreal Chicken Seasoning), cut it into cubes, then add it to your peppers and onions. You can also use whatever salsa you like, I just happen to love the sweetness of the mango salsa.