Sunday, August 23, 2009

Garlic Chicken Pizza

I got this recipe off of dealstomeals.com... the same lady that does myfoodstoragedeals.com. Again, she is amazing and always has awesome recipes. I think the next time I make this, I will switch it up a bit. It was a little too "ranchy" for me. So I think instead of ranch, I will substitute alfrado sauce. Other than that... it was great!

Garlic Chicken Pizza

1 Pizza dough recipe (see below)
1 1/2 c. ranch dressing
1 T. garlic cloves, minced
2 t. basil
½ c. shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 lbs. cooked and cubed chicken (crumbled sausage is also good on these pizzas)
Green onions
Vegetables (Mushrooms (I dehydrated a bunch of mushrooms this week so that is what I used on my pizza... dehydrating is so addicting and a whole other story but that will have to wait), Zucchini, yellow squash (thanks to Andy's moms garden I had some), onions, etc.), diced or cut thin
Tomatoes diced



Pizza dough

1 c. and 2 T. Hot tap water
2 T. Olive oil or vegetable oil
3 c. flour (start with 2 ½ c. and add other ½ c. only if dough is too sticky)
1 t. sugar
3 t. salt
2 ½ t. yeast

Make sure you add the Hot tap water, yeast and sugar together. Allow to grow 5 minutes. Then slowly add the flour one cup at a time until each cup as been incorporated, and add the salt after the first cup of flour. Touch dough to make sure it is soft and bouncy to the touch. Mix and let rise until it doubles in size. For more Italian flavor add basil and garlic powder to the dough.

No comments: